Monday, November 10, 2008

And the walls came a tumbling down...

Hi there family unit,

Hope that this email finds you all well and happy. This week has been much like the last, I must say. Not too much has really changed. We are still out there working hard and trying to find as many people as would hear us. Yet all is well. We are both healthy, and as a matter of fact I feel
really good...the whole bike riding thing isn't too bad. The area we cover isn't too large since we cover maybe a few square miles and that might be about it. I would say streets but only a few know where they are. Really we have been plugging along. You did say that you want me to go over my whole week in review - and, well, that will take a lot so I will just hit the highlights and hope that this will do.

Monday: Well, we finished up our emails and went and had some football practice. We have the mission-wide Turkey Bowl coming up on Thanksgiving so our zone needed to get together and get our game up, you know what I mean? So, we did that for a few hours and then came home and went to our ward mission leader's home for dinner. SALMON. I must say: I love it now! Weird I know...just like Mom who likes to now have big groups of people over to the house. Anywho it was a nice dinner and we had a chance to sit down and have a great conversation about missionary work. It was a great night.

Tuesday: We had district meeting in the morning and then the same old, same old after lunch. Knocking on doors; dinner; and then home and all the little stuff in between. I mean everyday is about the same: You get yelled at and you have a great conversation with someone. Some
days you have more of one and then less of the other. In the end each day is a wonderful gift from the Lord.

Well I'm just going to skip to the highlights of the week. Saturday was a busy day. We started out by helping the Stringers help us. We helped clean out the apartment in the back and get things ready for the workers to come in when it's time. So we cleaned and moved and organized all the things that were in that apartment...there was a ton of stuff. Then we got to bust down two closets in the living room that really had no place being there...so that was a lot of fun. Then we went tracting with a member in the Deer Springs ward. He lives in a gated community, which we get kicked out of all the time, so that ward has put together the chance for us to go around with members and go tracting with them. Well, this was the first time that we have had the chance since we got here. Let me tell you what though - at first I thought it was going to be so lame tracting with a member who hasn't tracted since his mission like 17 years ago - anyway he did a great job! He was new in the neighborhood and so he introduced himself and then us. It went very well, we have some potential now that we didn't have when we got here and now he has seen that we can work and that we are here to work, but have a good time doing it.
So I think that it was great success and that I had a great time getting to know a few more people.

Earlier in the week we had a lesson with a young man named Tad. We found him tracting one day and he said we could come back. Well we went back and he was there!! This, for me, was awesome! Well, we talked a little bit and found out that he was baptized when he was younger and that he wanted to learn more about the church. So we have started to teach him, so that is really cool. So we hope that he will keep learning and that he will come to church and become active again. That's the goal and that's the plan.

Well Dad wanted to know what daily life was like..We get up and 6:30 a.m., which with the time change has my body all messed up. I wake up at 5:30 a.m. and think it is time to get up and go. So that is hard - plus me getting up at 6:30 hard to imagine anyway. Then we sit around and get ready, shower and get dressed and then we study. I just finished the Book of Mormon again and now I am on the Doctrine and Covenants. I hope to finish it in week or two. Then we study together and that is just about anything but Preach My Gospel, usually. Then we work. Mornings are hard so we try and do less important things and then in the afternoon we tract...that's when the most people are home. Then dinner that is always a highlight! We have eaten with some really cool members here. I hope that I finish it all off here because the members here are awesome. Then we talk to as many people as possible and then head home tired and sweaty and more tired. That's a typical day.

Well I hope you all had a great week, have a great one this week if you didn't last week. Love ya! Stay busy! Open those mouths and spread the good news this great and glorious gospel.

Love,
Elder Geoff Taylor

No comments: