Monday, August 27, 2007

Well I guess some of you are wondering.....

Hey Everyone,
Well, to start off the letter we had transfer calls. And the good news is I will be staying in Reno and in the same area and have the same companion. So I’m glad to have that happen. We always play a game to find out about our transfer calls. We played musical chairs and it was way fun. We played outside and we had so much fun - I was in the middle of the pack at the end of the game.

Also Monday was my birthday and that was really fun. The Rapp’s, a very cool family, took us out to Red Robin and that was way fun. They got me a tie and a funny LDS comic book. Then the best part was when we went back to their house and they had a cake. They had gone to Deseret Book store and got Mini Missionaries to put on the cake, the even better thing was one was white and the other was black...just like me and Elder Dixon! That was a really funny cake and the pictures we took are really funny.

So the rest of the week was kinda slow - we didn’t really do much. We did have the chance to go to the temple. It is nice, like I have said before, that we live so close to the temple. It is always such a great time to go to the temple. Then I think the best part of the week was on Saturday: we had a baptism! Kyle Yates did get baptized which has been in the works for a while and it was nice to finally have that happen and we are so happy for him. Also, it's great because we are both staying we get to teach him and help him along.

This week had a lot of milestones. One was my birthday, but also my sixth month mark. That was the craziest thing. I can't believe that the last six months have gone by so fast and I hope that the rest goes by slower, I know that sounds weird and crazy but I really do love the chance that I have to serve the Lord. I wish I could just do this all the time. But I guess that’s why they have senior couple missions. I really want to serve one, but I still have a long way to go. And I’m glad that I am. Well I love you guys so much and I hope that you will all have a good week and I hope that I will have more to talk to you about next week.

Love,
Elder Taylor

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You think the last 6 months have gone by fast?
I think the 20 years since your birthday has been just yesterday!
Holy Cow kid! The thing I love is that YOU are getting older and I'm NOT!!!
Love,
Auntie Karen