Monday, August 20, 2007

I looked out the window and what did I see........I'm 20!

Well Hello Everyone,
It is so cool to have your birthday on a P-day, you get to have like almost a real birthday. Today has been a good day. This week however, has been somewhat slow for me. But this next week will go by fast. We have the temple day on Wednesday and then transfer calls are on Saturday night, so this week will be a fast one. It is really nice to have the temple in our area because we don’t have to drive that far. In fact, when we workout in the morning I can see the temple from the weight room. It is way cool.
So this week we saw some crazy stuff. So the other night we were out talking to people at the Wal-Mart parking lot and we saw this guy totally get hit by a car. It was crazy. We were on splits with the Spanish missionaries and we were getting ready to leave. I was walking to the car where Elder Dixon was waiting and then BOOM, this guy totally got smoked by the car. Now let me say it was his (the biker’s) fault. He was wearing dark clothes and going about 25mph in a parking lot. No one was hurt and that’s why I can laugh at it now. The funny part about it is, we totally saw it coming but you can’t react in enough time. Elder Dixon saw it too, and was like, “OOOOOOOOOH, BOOM” when it happened and I totally heard him, and it was really funny to hear.
Then on Wednesday we saw a scary sight. We did service for a lady who is legally blind and can’t really do much. Her yard was bad. There were weeds on the side of her house that went up almost to my arm pits. That is high for those of you who don’t know how tall I am. In the end, we got it all taken care of and now you can walk back there with no problem.
I know the note is short this week and so is my time. I want to thank everyone for their birthday notes and cards. I really do love all of you very much and you are all in my prayers at night. This week will be a crazy one, temple on Wednesday and then we have Transfer calls on Saturday night.

I hope I stay in this area a little longer, but from the things I’ve heard, I may be in a little warmer climate soon, if you know what I mean. So keep me in your prayers this week. I love everyone so much and can’t wait to see what happens to you all this week.

Love
Elder Taylor

No comments: