Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, heres the deal......

Hey there family!
This week has been a little better weather wise and I have gotten to know Elder Tubb a little bit more and things have gotten better around here….plus not being stuck in the apartment all day really helps out a lot. We have had a bunch people to visit and things to do this week to keep us busy. It has been a very productive week and a lot has gotten done. We visited most of our investigators and now this week is full of appointments. We have a lot of potential in this area...the last elders didn’t seem to want to use it very much - so they left us plenty to do. For which I am grateful.

Well, as I sit here and think of the things that we did this week I really am drawing a blank. We did a lot of just visiting people who may or may not be home and other stuff like that. I do have to tell this story though. We went to dinner the other night with a nice couple. They were so happy to be able to feed the missionaries and to have us in their home, and you know me I love to make people happy….here’s were the problem starts….Elder Tubb hadn’t been feeling to well that day and really wasn’t too hungry…..so he really didn’t eat all that much. Well, he ate a few bites and had to go to the bathroom….(he had bugatti’s and needed to go)….well he was in the bathroom for a little bit of time…ok, a long time. The wife thought that her food had made him sick, and I told her that he hadn’t been feeling good that day and wasn’t really very hungry. When he came out, the husband asked if he fell in...and then the wife began to pester him about how he felt….and the last question she asked was…."Are you bulimic???" At that point I lost it, and I was laughing out loud and just couldn’t stop thinking of Zoolander and “You can read minds?!”…it just really made me laugh.

Well, this week, like I said, wasn’t too eventful but if I remember more later I will write a snail mail letter and send that. Maybe if you send me a questionnaire with all the details you want on it I can write you back and tell you all you want and more…but this week has been good…church yesterday was fun….the Walker Branch I cover is just a bunch of old Crazies…so that makes it really fun to be there and help out. The Branch President is a guy who lives in Gardnerville and he is awesome…the other ward is awesome and they really all want to help us out. Mom, sorry to hear about the Colts…..but my Chargers are one step closer to where I said they would be….it’s in writing!

Oh! I forgot to tell you last week that I get to go back up to Reno for a few days. Elder Riddle, (we were in the MTC together) is here in Gardnerville and broke his nose playing basketball a month ago and he is having surgery next week…so I get to go with him and drive him back home…since his comp doesn’t have driving privileges. Well I love you guys a lot and hope you all have a good week.

Love,
Elder Taylor

No comments: